A look back

Since I started this blog, I have continued to find/acquire things that relate to countries past. Most of this seems to relate to Morocco.

While I was researching Morocco, I fell in love with their tea cups. They are smallish glasses (they hold about 6 ounces or 200 ml), and are brightly colored with fancy gold designs on them. I make lace, so of course I'm going to like a cup with a lacy design on it. The only problem was price. Amazon was the only outlet I found for purchasing them, and they only came in sets of 6. That's not so bad, but the cheapest set was $42.00. Sorry, I'm not going to drop that kind of cash on some tea cups.

Thanks to a recent field trip to a tea shop, I now own a Moroccan tea cup. While the price of the cups was the same as what I found online, they were sold as singles, and I would spring the cash for one.

Isn't it pretty? It's a bit hard to see, but the background color is dark purple. They also use red, blue, green, yellow - pretty much all colors of the rainbow. Some of the glasses have half of the glass colored, and the other half clear. They are quite beautiful if you ever get a chance to see them up close.

I also had to dig out my old pictures from college. I thought I had some snapshots of Toomie. Here she is in "Morocco" at Epcot. Well, it's been a while, but I'm pretty sure it was Morocco. She was such a sweet person to know. She was a little older than the rest of us in the program. She was married and had 2 young children. I think one of them was around 5 years old. I thing the other one was a couple of years younger, but it could have been a couple of years older, too.

Comments

  1. I wish it were easier to find small (6-8 oz.) mugs. I've got a whole bunch of mugs, but I only have them because I like the decoration. I can't use them for hot cocoa because a packet makes 6 oz. and most of the mugs are so big that the cocoa just instantly cools off. I've only got a couple small-ish ones I actually use for their intended purpose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know what you mean. I have a small mug from when I was a kid that is the right size for hot cocoa. The inside of the mug looks terrible. I discovered that my clear mugs that I got at Goodwill are actually hold about 7 ounces even though they look bigger.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Equatorial Guinea

Afghani Pink Milk Tea (Qaimaq Chai)

Ataya/Waraga/Tuareg Tea