Golden Chai

This tea is described as Assam black tea and sultry spices. Chai, of course, is India. Granted, the word chai is widely used in many countries for tea. The description says that it is black tea with cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and other spices. When I brewed a cup and sniffed it, I thought it mainly smelled of cloves. I was also glad I left a little room at the top of the cup, because I knew I wanted some milk in it because the cloves were so strong.
Milk adds a nice creaminess and cuts the flavor cloves to make a smooth cup of tea. I did do a second brewing on the same bag, and tried it plain. It definitely needs some milk. On the second brewing, I did get a hint of anice (and if you look at the bag, star anise is featured). Thankfully, a hint of that flavor could be ignored, but I don't like anise on its own. Overall, this is a very good tea for milk, and does have a spicy flavor.

Comments

  1. Heavily sweetened and milked chai is about the only kind of tea I can appreciate even a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, a tea you might actually drink? Of course I also have the mental image of someone trying to milk a tea bag.

      Delete
    2. It's really hard to find the teats.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Equatorial Guinea

Afghani Pink Milk Tea (Qaimaq Chai)

Ataya/Waraga/Tuareg Tea