Mate Lemon Green Tea

This tea was blended to represent South america, especially Brazil, Paraguay, and Argentina. I have certainly seen reference to yerba mate with regard to South America. I remember seeing a video talking about laying out on Ipanema beach and getting iced yerba mate tea with lemon juice. I can't say that I know a lot about yerba mate because I haven't gotten to the parts of the world where people drink it. It is not from a tea plant, but it does have a lot of caffeine in it. I also know that it gets bitter if it is not brewed correctly. This blend has green tea and lemon added to it.

My nose was greeted with a light, citrus scent when I opened the bag. I figured that I could use an imaginary day at the beach considering that we got our first big winter storm of the year - and the winter storms have kept on coming. I now know that ice quakes are a thing. I didn't feel the shaking in my house, but I did hear them. I know someone who lives in a trailer, and pretty much everything they owned fell over that week. At this point in the winter, it's nearly impossible to find sidewalk salt because we have had so many ice storms. As is usual, it was above freezing yesterday, rained, then got cold and snowed. I'm not looking forward to going outside, and there's only so much you can do when things keep thawing, flooding, and refreezing.

Back to the tea. It has a mellow, lemony flavor. I don't know what mate tastes like on its own, so the lemon flavor is what really stands out to me. It is very well balanced with regard to flavor, and I can imagine that it would be a good cold drink on a hot day. Instead, I'm stuck with drinking it hot on a cold day. Regardless of weather, this is a good tea.

Come on spring!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Equatorial Guinea

Afghani Pink Milk Tea (Qaimaq Chai)

Ataya/Waraga/Tuareg Tea