Poland

Poland is described as being in central Europe with 3 distinct geographic regions of lowlands, highlands, and mountains. While Poland once had a thriving Jewish population, WW II annihilated the Jewish community, and the country is now predominately Roman Catholic. After the fall of Communism in 1989, the church took on a larger role in schools and politics, and laws regarding women's health changed in response to church influence. In skimming though further information on Poland, I was intrigued to see that gypsum was one of their listed natural resources. The town where I graduated from high school is known for its large gypsum deposits (and it is known that someday the town will run out of gypsum).

As far as tea in Poland goes, I haven't found much information. I found a reference to tea coming to Poland through Russia. For a time, it was not considered a good drink. For a time, it was thought that women would get high and drunk from tea, so I decided to have some tea dedicated to the crutch of many women today. Chocolate mint!


The scent of this tea has a definite mint, with a hint of chocolate. I'm pretty sure it is chocolate flavoring rather than the cacao nibs in my other favorite chocolate tea. While I do like the flavor of the cacao nibs better, the mint in this tea really carries the combination making it a favorite for those long days at work, or those mornings when I need a chocolate pick-me-up.

Comments

  1. At least this one sounds kind of good, even if it is still tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I had a feeling that this one might tempt you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Equatorial Guinea

Afghani Pink Milk Tea (Qaimaq Chai)

Ataya/Waraga/Tuareg Tea