Instant tea

In my world tour, I decided I might as well talk about tea in the United States. We have an international reputation for serving REALLY BAD tea. At times, I have to agree. I remember once telling someone from Kenya that they should not think of American tea and Kenyan tea as the same thing. That is how I managed to drink the swill here after having experienced Kenyan tea. That was also before I discovered my favorite tea shop that sells Kenyan tea.

At this point, I have no intention of buying "instant" tea. I remember stocking glass jars of it when I worked night stock at a grocery store for a couple of summers in college. They were really light weight, and contained kind of a funny brown powder. This was a way to make tea quick and convenient to make. Tea was brewed in a factory, then dried into a powder. You know how there's a big difference between fresh milk, and powdered milk? That's how I feel about fresh tea versus powdered tea. Something about the drying process really messes up the flavor of the tea. I can't bring myself to buy this stuff because it is just so bad. When I was a kid, I remember my mom questioning of fast food iced tea was real tea poured over ice, or the instant stuff. She would drink one, but not the other. I don't blame her.

Since I couldn't find a picture of tea powder that didn't have a brand name stamped on it, this is the ingredient list from some instant tea. This is not real tea as far as I'm concerned, it is a tea-like substance not meant for human consumption.



Comments

  1. No tea is fit for human consumption. Blech!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering tea is the third ingredient, maybe you would like this because the tea concentration is lower. :-P

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Equatorial Guinea

Afghani Pink Milk Tea (Qaimaq Chai)

Ataya/Waraga/Tuareg Tea