Bottled tea

Next up in teas of the United States, I explore bottled tea. Since we already looked at canned tea, I decided to take a look at bottled tea. I'm familiar with Lipton unsweetened iced tea in the glass bottle. It has been a staple of road trips. I like the feeling of the glass bottle, it retains the cold, and doesn't influence the flavor of the tea. Since I already know what to expect from that tea, I decided to try the really popular tea now.


I will say that it was hard to find an unsweetened variety for this tea. It comes in many flavors, but the plain black tea is the only one that I've seen unsweetened. My mom also talks about how this is her favorite bottle tea now. I tried it room temperature, and cold. Drinking it cold damps down the "off" flavors I find in this tea. While this is a very popular brand, it's not the one I would prefer. I wonder if it would taste better if it was in a glass bottle.

Comments

  1. My friend always drinks this one when we go on road trips. She gets sweetened, but I'm always a little surprised she doesn't get the extra-sweet one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose sugar would help the flavor (it does for most things, that's why it's in practically every processed food).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Equatorial Guinea

Afghani Pink Milk Tea (Qaimaq Chai)

Ataya/Waraga/Tuareg Tea