Peru

Today we travel to Peru. Peru is in western South America bordered by Colombia, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, and Ecuador. While this is technically a tropical country because of its proximity to the equator, the climate is highly variable due to elevation (Andes mountains), and ocean currents. Most notably, this is the home of ancient Incan civilizations including Machu Picchu.

In my research on Peruvian tea, I did not find a novel way of serving the tea, rather I found a neat way that they used their tea bag. They showed using a teabag without a string. Instead of using a spoon or fork to fish the bag out of the cup after the tea brewed, they showed using a skewer to hold the bag. While I didn't feel like going out and buying skewers, I did find a way to replicate what they did.



While they showed using black tea, I'm actually using a bag of rooibos tea.


I had to keep the tea bag closer to the edge of the cup so my bag would be held on the top of the cup instead of falling in. It is quite an easy trick to suspend your tea bag effectively without having to worry if the string will pull off the tea bag when you pull it out of the wrapper.

Comments

  1. Cool little trick! Love the Garfield mug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a neat trick. The Garfield mug is one of the perks of shopping at thrift stores.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Equatorial Guinea

Afghani Pink Milk Tea (Qaimaq Chai)

Ataya/Waraga/Tuareg Tea