What I've been working on

I've  gotten back to the point where I have several partially finished posts, and have been too much of a putz to work on them. While regular adulting is a boring drudge, adulting during a pandemic is soooo much worse. It doesn't help that I work in an essential department in a hospital, so we don't have the luxury of staying home in quarantine if we are exposed. I have been making a little bit of lace. I haven't really been working on bobbin lace, but since the IOLI convention had to be converted to being held online, I did make some decorated masks. I finally had a reason to pull out my art tatting book and try some things out. I kept it pretty simple because I'm still working full time, and I don't have hours to devote to making the perfect piece of lace to cover a mask.

Cherry blossoms on my mask to promote lace making and the well being of lace makers. I call it saved by the stash.

This was my entry for a decorated homemade mask. It's pretty simple, but if you look closely, I used multiple threads together for depth of color. 
I didn't win any prizes for my masks, but making them was a nice distraction. I also find that I'm drinking a lot more tea just to cope with life. I figure it's better than turning to copious quantities of alcohol (especially since I have to go to work after I have been drinking since I am too tired to care about having a glass of wine or something after work). Thanks to my tea pets, I no longer drink alone.

I've been working on discovering the names of my tea pets. While I originally referred to my dragon as a male, I have discovered her name is Jane. Okay, I admit the name came from the cartoon "Jane and the Dragon", but that was a fun show. Too bad they only made one season. 


I've also taken my tea outside a few times when the weather was nice. It's nice to have a change of scenery. I'm definitely not doing that this weekend. It was already in the mid 50s outside when I woke up.


So, I will  be working on getting back to making more postable content soon. Life is just a challenge right now in so many ways.

Comments

  1. Take care of yourself and be safe.

    I just got a new dragon, but mine is a Beanie Baby. It's black and there's something about its facial expression that kind of reminds me of Grendel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute! Grendel the carbohydrate loving dragon. Hide the bread! So far, my dragon likes tea. I forgot to point out that I was drinking snow dragon green tea with Jane. It seemed only appropriate (well, except that there definitely isn't any snow around right now).

      Delete
    2. And hopefully, there won't be for quite some time!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Equatorial Guinea

Afghani Pink Milk Tea (Qaimaq Chai)

Ataya/Waraga/Tuareg Tea