Falling back

 So we gained an extra hour last night just to throw everyone's sleep schedule off (and to annoy all the people who work night shift). The time shift is especially inconvenient for hospitals to try to document. As far as I can tell, the goal is to have as little as possible happen during the second 2 AM hour. I wonder how death certificates work during that time. You could potentially die (on paper) before you received a procedure. Cath lab procedure started at 02:45, and patient died at 02:15. That would be a reimbursement nightmare (and in all reality, the hospital would probably have to eat the cost). As you may have guessed from my ramblings, I don't have any posts written today, and I don't feel like throwing one together this morning. I took pictures for my next blog post on Wednesday, but I haven't gotten to writing it yet. Somehow between working a mixed-up schedule (today is Sunday 2 of 3 that I will be working in a row), and having a 90 minute commute when it should be approximately 60 minutes (thank you commuter lots with almost nonexistent transportation to get back and forth - especially at night), I have not had the energy to write a post. My life feels as full as my tea box, even though there's not much going on. Pandemics really suck, especially for single people.



Comments

  1. Last week really did suck. And now it gets dark early. Yippee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that this week sucked less for you. Unfortunately this week is sucking even more for me. Covid-19 is really ramping up, and I get a front row seat to watch emergency mode.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Equatorial Guinea

Afghani Pink Milk Tea (Qaimaq Chai)

Ataya/Waraga/Tuareg Tea