Gifts of lace and tea

Today is my 4th day off in a row! Shocking, I know. I actually have a few days off. Given my windfall of time, I didn't even kid myself about getting some blog posts done. I was exhausted for 2 of my days off so far, and I spent Christmas day baking so I would have gifts to give to friends. Thanks to a deer, I had to buy a new to me car earlier this month, so I'm feeling less than flush with cash right now, and thanks to a pandemic, I have not been out shopping clearance racks all year. That said, any Christmas gifts this year were homemade. That included gifts. 


 Ginger puerh has suddenly become my go to winter tea. It's earthy, spicy, and oh, so comforting. Incidentally, I read an article last night that cleared up my confusion as to what people meant by "dark tea". I heard this term used in New Zealand, and thanks to an article from the UK I now know that dark tea refers to puerh! That makes sense given the unique color of this brew. 


I used my one pot of ginger puerh twice for lace pictures. The tatted wreath was a gift for a friend, and the tatted earrings were a gift for a 15 year old who has the same taste in clothes that I did at that age. Sometimes I feel like I should show her some pictures of me from college for ideas. Now to drink enough tea to feel awake, finish laundry, clean the bathroom, vacuum, and do all those things I haven't gotten to yet. I'll try to get some real content going again soon, but I work the next 6 days, so don't hold your breath. 

Comments

  1. That looks like swamp water! I'm glad it tastes better than it looks... Well, at least to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the laugh. I thought swamp water looked green - see the post about the canned matcha tea (http://worldteatravel.blogspot.com/2018/08/canned-tea.html). This would be more like mud puddle water after it seeped down to the lowest part of the woods. Hmm, still not very appetizing, but you have to learn to drink puerh to understand.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Equatorial Guinea

Afghani Pink Milk Tea (Qaimaq Chai)

Ataya/Waraga/Tuareg Tea