Lockdown tea 1

 When I woke up this morning, I was planning on a leisurely morning of tea drinking and writing. Then I opened the blinds.  


Okay, it's not a lot of new snow, but it's enough that I should go out and do something about it. Maybe it will melt if I wait long enough - like spring - can I please stay home until spring? No white sand beaches here, walking barefoot outside would be a burning cold proposition. The only nice thing about cold weather is that if you put wind pants on over your pajama bottoms, the neighbors will never know if you are shoveling snow in your pajamas. I'm not speaking from personal experience or anything... 

I had spent a while lounging in bed looking for more information on how countries in Oceana made tea. Still not much info. Sometimes if I wait a while, things get posted, but no such luck. I did come across a lot of videos for lockdown tea. Apparently a lot of people have been making special batches of tea to pass the time, or learning how to make the tea they used to buy at shops now that going out is so much more complicated. I realized that my tea and lace pairing project could fit into the category of lockdown tea. This picture includes a lockdown project, my crochet lace collar to honor the late, great, RBG. The collar is paired with my sassy orange teapot, and a fun mug. The tea served was an equally sassy ginger puehr which is one of my favorite teas for winter.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Equatorial Guinea

Afghani Pink Milk Tea (Qaimaq Chai)

Ataya/Waraga/Tuareg Tea