Osmanthus Oolong

 I got a new box of tea a couple of weeks ago. I got one new flavor of tea in that box. An oolong tea. I thought I had ordered a dark oolong, but when I opened the bag, I found a very familiar looking type of oolong. 


It's a light oolong that is a slightly looser roll than other light oolongs I have had. When I double checked the website where I ordered the tea, I found that I had indeed ordered the light oolong tea. I had been debating between 2 oolongs, and thought that I had ordered the dark one. Oh well, I like light oolongs, too. This particular tea is scented with osmanthus flowers for a light, sweet flavor. 

Osmanthus is a small, unassuming flower that grows on established osmanthus plants in eastern Asia. 29 different cultivars have been developed. I don't know which cultivar this one is scented with. In fact, I have no clue what osmanthus flowers smell like. When I opened the bag of tea, I smelled tea with a hint of something else. I did not get a strong floral scent from the dry tea, or the brewed tea. There was a pleasant sweet flavor to the tea, but I found it to be even less floral than the first flush Darjeeling tea I got last spring. 


It is a very pleasant tea to drink, and holds up well to gong fu brewing. The color of the tea in the picture is lighter than it is in real life. I was drinking at my window, and apparently the bright sunlight washed this picture out a little. 


It's actually a cloudy morning, but still comparatively bright to being indoors. The lawn has been mowed twice now, which is a lot for early April. I got to watch the robins picking through the grass for something to eat this morning. I also managed to get my cat off of my pillow this week. 


Lace cats are much like real cats. It takes some time and energy to get them to kind of do what you want them to. Technically the bookmark is still on my pillow so you can see it well in the picture, but it's no longer pinned down. 


Comments

  1. It's always interesting when your order isn't what you expected and then you realize that it's not a mistake-- you just didn't order what you thought you did. Glad this worked out.
    The cat looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem to have worked out for the best. Now that the warmer weather is here, I do tend to crave lighter teas (like green tea) more than darker teas.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Equatorial Guinea

Afghani Pink Milk Tea (Qaimaq Chai)

Ataya/Waraga/Tuareg Tea