Breakfast tea

My tea stash is running low. I'm trying to run the stockpile down a bit before I get some more tea. I've really wanted black tea lateley, and of course I don't have much left. I have enough Nandi Hills (small batch Kenyan black tea) tea for one more pot, maybe a small cup on the side. I still have some golden pu erh, which is kind of a black tea, but not exactly. I recently moved to a new apartment. It was a traumatic move - I moved because of a landlord acting VERY inappropriately. When I made a list of places I needed to submit my address change to, I included my favorite tea shop. I emailed them last month asking if they would update my address in their system so I would not miss out on their postcards. They replied that they would happily update their system, and thankfully I received my postcard. I also think that I kind of made it into their monthly email newsletter. They included a blurb at the bottom about if you have recently moved, and want to make sure you continue to receive their post cards, email or call and they will update the system. I checked previous news letters, and verified that this was the first time that this has appeared - at least for as long as I have gotten them. I've been debating if I want to go on a road trip on a Saturday, or if I should order a box of tea. Thanks to getting together with one of my former co-workers last night, I'm opting for road trip... with a friend. While she has been a long time coffee drinker, she ordered several types of tea last time I made an order (and gave me the samples that I posted previously - queen's blend, black beauty, etc). She confessed that she drank pretty much all of the tea she had ordered, and really enjoyed it. She wanted more. Now we need to find a Saturday that works for us. Since she works second shift, I know it's hard for her to get up so I offered to drive the 2 hours there while she hung out in the passenger seat and worked on waking up. The place we met up had some loose leaf tea in bags for sale, so I decided to get a bag of black tea to try. Something to tide me over.
When I looked at the bag this morning, it struck me as funny that I bought a bag of tea from a company with coffee roasters in the name. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. The cup of peppermint tea I had last night was fine, so this will be fine, right? I opened the bag and sniffed the tea, it didn't seem like anything out of the ordinary. Then I brewed a pot of tea. I sniffed the brew. It was off. WAY off. I pushed on and poured myself a cup.
Hello kitty cup! I took a sip. It was awful. I mean really bad. It tasted like the leaves had been previously brewed, left to sit for a day, then brewed again. I've seen a few stores around selling loose leaf tea in bags, but this would fall into the poison category. I guess I will be waiting for a road trip to get my black tea.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I hope it's soon! I'd been debating if I should ask her if she wanted to go there. I got my answer.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Equatorial Guinea

Afghani Pink Milk Tea (Qaimaq Chai)

Panama 3