Blooming teas 1

I got a 12 pack of blooming teas as a Christmas present from a friend.
I was amused looking at the selection of teas. The left hand side of the box has love themed teas, and the right side of the box has fruit flavored teas. The teas with the red backgrounds do tell what flavor they are, and technically floral sunset isn't a particularly romantic theme. The teas with the pink background pictures give no hint as to the flavor other than green tea with rose flower. I'm not sure that they all taste the same since they have different flowers in the pictures of the tea. I'm thinking the names have something to do with the shape of the flower sculpture in your teapot. I decided to give the pineapple tea a try this morning. Thank goodness that big storm that started Friday morning made the roads coming home slick, but not impassable. The condo complex where I live doesn't clear the snow until it is done snowing. I'm worried there will be a day when I can't come home because the snow in the driveway will be too deep. I was in luck though. It was a little difficult getting into my garage. It is on the end right by the driveway, and I have to tun 180 to get into it. That means I have to back up to position my car correctly because there is not enough room for me to make that turn without backing up. I did have a few instances where I lost traction backing up and had to pull forward again. I think it was because it had been so warm before the storm, and there were slush tracks where I was getting stuck. Anyway, I made it into the garage, I have a fridge full of groceries, and I have a 3 day weekend thanks to MLK day. I don't have to leave the house unless I want to, so why not start out with a nice drink.
This tea was also the perfect excuse to buy a glass teapot. I always wanted a glass teapot, but could never justify purchasing one. I had long thought about getting one with the curvy spout, the glass strainer, and the glass lid. Then I saw one of those that had been used. Tea stains on them look really bad. I also didn't want to spend a lot of money on a glass teapot, and they tend to be expensive. Thanks to some looking around on Amazon, I found one with a pitcher shape that would be way easier to clean. It has a metal infuser and lid. I didn't realize it until I got it that the metal lid fits on the infuser, but will not fit on the teapot without the infuser. That's bad design, but oh well. It will be a good teapot for summer when you want things to cool off faster. Back to the bloomin' tea.
As promised, the big marble of tea did unfurl into a yellow flower surrounded by green leaves. There is a slight pineapple flavor to the tea. It's not gourmet tea by any means, but I've always wanted to play with blooming teas because it's another form of tea art. I was surprised to see that there were so many flavors because I've normally only seen these as jasmine tea. One of the packages is labeled as jasmine. I'll have to keep drinking my way through the box to see what they are all like. I'll keep you posted! I'll also give my sister a thank you for the Amazon gift card that helped purchase my teapot. I also got a boring and practical contour pillow to sleep with because the one I've been using for 5 years has worn out and regular pillows just don't cut it. I also got some large double point knitting needles I can't find locally for a project I've been working on, and a rabbit tea pet to match my rabbit tea pot because I have so wanted to get one of those for a long time. I'll have to post pictures when it gets here. Stay warm, and don't get stuck in the snow out there!

Comments

  1. I'm glad you found a good use for the card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a little time to decide, but I like what I got so far. The pillow and tea pet come tomorrow.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Equatorial Guinea

Afghani Pink Milk Tea (Qaimaq Chai)

Ataya/Waraga/Tuareg Tea