Blooming Teas 2

Today I'm trying "My Growing Love". That's really what it's called!
This is one of those packets that doesn't have a real flavor written on it other than saying it is green tea with rose flower.
Remember those colorful, shaped sponges that came in little plastic pills that you put in hot water to dissolve the pill and watch the sponge burst out? This is the tea version. This water tea sculpture went for height. I had to add more water to my teapot, and it still didn't reach its full height.
As I said before, this is not gourmet tea, but it is fun to watch it. The instructions say to steep for 5-10 minutes (which is a really long time for green tea). Considering that the teapot holds more water than the mug I'm drinking from, the water that doesn't fit has to hang out with the tea a while longer. I had to laugh at the stack of flowers floating on its side in the teapot. I could imagine saying that it was some sort of aquatic alien struggling to figure out how to survive on a different planet.
Stay away from tea aliens this week!

Comments

  1. That really grew! Too bad it didn't turn into a dinosaur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, they should totally make dinosaur ones. I remember a green pegasus sponge being a favorite from one of those capsules.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Equatorial Guinea

Afghani Pink Milk Tea (Qaimaq Chai)

Ataya/Waraga/Tuareg Tea