Blooming Teas 4

It's Sunday morning and the house is a disaster because I'm sewing. I'm making throw blankets because I have the material. I also discovered that I overheat less at night when I use a throw instead of a full size quilted blanket. Well, that was the case until it got cold again. I still haven't gotten out the full size quilted blankets because the reality is I'm cold for the first half of the night, and hot for the second. I need to remember to fill my hot water bottle before bed to help out with that. Anyway, I have a week off of work, and a lot of projects to work on. That's a good thing considering the price of gas (along with the price of everything else these days). Yesterday at the grocery store I saw some of those little capsules that you put in hot water, and sponge animals pop out. They still make them! Unfortunately they were $3.29. If they were a dollar I would have totally gotten some. $3.29 will buy you a majority share in a gallon of gas these days. It won't buy the whole gallon mind you, but you will get most of a gallon.
With this in mind, I decided to bloom another tea this morning. I went for the acai berry tea. It had a really fruity smell when I opened the package. I chose this one because it was the shortest of the blooms, and I wanted to see if it would fit in my big wine glass.
Let the blooming begin!
It liked to float up a bit, so I had to poke it down with a chopstick a few times. I also had to fill the glass to the absolute top to accommodate the little flower at the top, but I did it! Blooming tea in a wine glass.
Now to drink some good tea. I am on vacation after all!

Comments

  1. Glad you're enjoying your vacation! I'm technically at the end of my spring break now, but I had papers due in my class right before break started and tutoring is heavier than normal this week, so I was busier over spring break than I am during a usual week...

    I have the exact same problem sleeping, too. I'm freezing when I get into bed and roasting when I wake up in the middle of the night. Just keep trying various combinations of blankets (and keep a heating pad by my feet since it automatically turns off after a few hours).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need time off after spring break. Isn't that the way it goes. My week off is coming to an end. I've gotten a lot done. It's also nice to loaf around the house watching TV, reading, and making stuff. Hopefully you can get a few hours to yourself this weekend.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Equatorial Guinea

Afghani Pink Milk Tea (Qaimaq Chai)

Ataya/Waraga/Tuareg Tea