Mao Feng

Mao feng is a light, Chinese green tea. It has a pleasant scent, and a long, narrow leaf.
This is what just over 3 grams of leaf looks like. That's about the equivalent of 2 teaspoons of a cut tear curl tea. This looks like a huge amount of leaves, but imagine how few of these leaves would fit in a teaspoon, or even a tablespoon. This is the type of leaf where you really need scales. It makes a beautiful, light brew, and can be brewed a few times.
It's a very light, refreshing tea. Now I'm facing a dilemma. I have a code for 10% off an online purchase from my favorite tea shop. Do I order tea again? I just got some 2 months ago, but I just finished drinking up my favorite winter tea. I could also get some of my favorite spring teas in the box. Cherry sencha and ryokucha sound so good right now, along with more of my beloved ginger puerh. I wonder if they will offer a 10% discount for St Patrick's day. Otherwise, the next discount won't come until May for mother's day, and July for their anniversary. Yes, I know that I'm obscessed with figuring out their discount schedule, and obscessed with drinking tea. At least our winter storm this week was not too bad.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Equatorial Guinea

Have a cup of Christmas

Ataya/Waraga/Tuareg Tea